Monday, April 21, 2008

Lost between 32 and 34…


The other day, I accompanied my friend who wanted to pick up some clothes, a pair of jeans to be particular. When the sales rep asked for his waist size, he was unsure what to tell; he later confided in me that he was somewhere between 32 and 34. I guess this is a dilemma which is faced by a number of people out there, myself included. Even I am treading the area of uncertainty between the waist size of 32 and 34. I have many jeans of size 34 and also have a couple of size 32. I look like a complete idiot whenever I wear either of the sizes. Size 32 makes me feel like I have had too much to eat; my face is contrived in an inexplicable way which lets anyone who sees me imagine a whole lot of weird things. On the other hand, size 34 makes me feel as if there’s still a bit of room left in there! God save me if I am wearing a 34 and I forget to put a belt. This means that one of my hands has a full time occupation of clutching my jeans whenever I am vertical, lest the unthinkable happen.

I thought of two solutions to overcome this unique (or maybe not-so-unique) problem: either I could hit the gym regularly, do some extra abs-crunches and get my waist size to 32, or eat some more of delicious, unhealthy food (like my favourite double-coated “butter naan” and some extra cheese pizza) and get my waist to a proper 34. I weighed the two options and there emerged an undisputed winner! There’s a ring at my door as I write this, guess it must be my pizza delivery.

1 comment:

Tracer Bullet said...

hahahaha... amazing... :D
and i was v right in pointing out the reason for ur hands in ur pockets while walking... (those must be the 34 ones) - or now are they 36??? :D :D