Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hire me, I’m great…


That’s precisely the big idea that a person’s resume should convey when he/she applies for a new job. A typical resume would range anywhere between two to four pages, all with details about the person’s qualifications, skills, achievements and so on. However, I recently came across a very brief resume which was sent across to me by my brother after he managed to pick himself up from the floor. That's because he was sure to have been rolling on the floor laughing after going through this masterpiece – he was screening a bunch of resumes and happened to come across this one.

I’ve seen good resumes, I’ve seen mediocre resumes and I’ve seen bad resumes. One common trait amongst all these has been that they usually have been more than one page long. But the resume which I mentioned before is a true masterpiece. I have pasted the contents of the resume below –

Looking for job change in Java & J2EE to work in creative & challenging environment where I can deliver my potential

Yes, that’s it! That’s all that there is in the document. Obviously, this is a winning resume! I would hire the guy without even bothering to interview him. After all, his oh-so-brief resumes tells a lot about him, doesn't it? I mean, one would have to be supremely confident about one's abilities to sum them up in one word and use the rest of the sentence to highlight the area of interest. This resume oozes confidence all around it. Heck, it has even got a total stranger dedicating an entire blog post to it! Talk about power of the written word. I am sure that this would set a new precedent in the job market by which resumes would shrink from numerous pages to single sentences, and who knows, maybe just a word! The day may not be far when I would prepare a new resume for a job posting as below -
Job posting - Looking for candidates with 4+ years of experience in 'Sarcastic Blogging'. Candidate must not be a team player and should refuse to work as part of a global team.

The resume that I would post - Me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh heh nice :)

Avi said...

Hehehehe........Indeed Unique!!!

Tracer Bullet said...

hehe :D